Your Food Freedom Tip
GET MORE SLEEP
When we don't get enough sleep our body tries to substitute for the lack of energy by eating more calories! Our body is pretty smart like that.
Lack of sleep also messes up our hunger and fullness hormones making it hard to eat intuitively.
Additionally, when we are overtired we are less able to manage our emotions which can lead to emotional eating.
So on the days, you haven't gotten enough sleep, if you find yourself reaching for more high calories foods aka high-energy foods, feeling less in touch with your body, and feeling more down and emotional, this is totally normal!
Bring in lots of self-compassion and then do your best to get more rest!
BMI also known as…
It’s a flawed and useless measure that we need to stop using.
Click here the link to check out this reel!
I wrote an article last year that I actually came back to this week in order to revisit the message and do the journaling exercise. If you're having a tough time mentally right now this article is for you.
A 2-Minute Journaling Exercise to show us Where we’re Directing our Energy (& how to Change Course).
CLICK HERE to read.
BEST SNACK EVER!!
Seriously I could live off this stuff!! Best to eat with Tostitos chips, YUMMY!
- 3 Roma tomatoes seeds removed, diced
- 2 ripe avocados diced
- ⅓ cup red onion diced
- 15 oz black beans rinsed and drained
- 15 oz black eyed peas rinsed and drained
- 1 ½ cups frozen sweet corn thawed (I just usually toss it in the salad frozen unless I plan on eating it immediately, it thaws quite quickly)
- 1 bell pepper diced (I used half a green and half a red, but color doesn’t matter)
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeds removed, diced into very small pieces
- ⅓ cup Cilantro finely chopped
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice fresh preferred
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Tortilla chips for serving
1. Combine tomatoes, avocado, onion, black beans, black-eyed peas, corn, pepper, jalapeno pepper, and cilantro in a large bowl. Toss/stir well so that ingredients are well combined.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, red wine vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
3. Pour dressing over other ingredients and stir/toss very well.
4. Keep refrigerated. If not serving immediately, be sure to toss/stir well before serving.
DM me on Instagram if you try it and tell me what you think!!!
Recipe via https://www.spendwithpennies.com/cowboy-caviar/
Client Win To Celebrate
This week I want to celebrate my past client Linda.
I have been on a “diet” most of my adult life. I was stuck in the same cycle of beating myself up if I did not follow through with my goals. With Victoria, I was able to change my mindset around food. Instead of good vs bad. I focus more on relaxing and enjoying my food whatever it is. I take time to enjoy my food.
Victoria is amazing and so knowledgeable. She is easy and fun to talk to. She gives you tools/homework to help you. If you do the work you will see a change in how you feel about yourself and your relationship with food.
Would definitely recommend this program to family and friends! Victoria surpassed my expectations. I was concerned at first about spending the money but I loved her ideas and it is a completely different approach Absolutely worth it!
Are you ready to have an incredible transformation just like Linda?
Then check out my Craving Food Freedom Course by clicking the button below!
READY FOR FOOD FREEDOM
Awesome Song To Dance
Just found this song again after not hearing it for years, I love it!
Electric Love - Børns - Candy
Listen on Spotify
Listen on Youtube
Journal Prompts To Get You Thinking And Healing
- What am I holding onto that I need to forgive myself for?
- What can I thank myself for?
- What do I judge myself for? How can I let go of that judgment?
AND THAT’S ALL FOLKS!
What do you think? Hit reply to this email and tell me your thoughts.
Thank you so much for your ongoing support!
All my love.
VICTORIA EVANS OFFICIAL
PODCAST: Weighing In On Happy
FACEBOOK GROUP: Intuitive Eating Support Group For Badass Women