Do you know that moment when you start eating and then this feeling of a feeding frenzy takes over and then all of the sudden you're grabbing things left, right and centre to shove into your mouth until you're stuffed!?
If yes, keep reading!
Food Freedom Tip
There are many reasons this happens (I cover all of them in my Craving Food Freedom Course) but one of the reasons is because you let yourself get too hungry!
Think about your hunger and fullness levels like a pendulum.
If we let ourselves get too hungry (-10) then we end up pendulum swinging aka eating super fast and out of control, all the way to way past full +10.
Why is this?
Well, calories are energy and when our brain notices that our energy levels are too low it sees it as a potential threat.
This more primitive part of our brain thinks "how am I going to fight off the sabre-tooth tiger with no energy?".
Our brain fires off all these signals to get you to eat as much as you can and as fast as you can to get those calories in for survival.
So what does this mean?
It means that letting yourself get too hungry sets you up to eat:
- past full
- less nutrient-dense foods
The moral of the story is, DON'T WAIT UNTIL YOU'RE STARVING TO EAT!
If you're curious to learn more about the science behind your eating behaviours and tools to achieve food freedom, then check out my Craving Food Freedom Course by clicking the button below.
CHECK OUT THE COURSE
Click here to read the important caption!
As I'm typing this to you I have just finished a delicious breakfast of french toast! Here is a simple recipe to make this easy and awesome breakfast!
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 slices bread
- Optional - fresh or frozen fruit
- Beat egg, vanilla and cinnamon in a shallow dish with a fork. Stir in milk.
- Dip bread in egg mixture, turning to coat both sides evenly.
- Cook bread slices on a lightly greased nonstick griddle or skillet on medium heat until browned on both sides.
- Serve with maple syrup or honey.
- Optional is top with fruit! I often put some frozen blueberries in the microwave to dethaw them and then pour them over the french toast!
I've been loving the feedback I'm getting from the Craving Food Freedom Course and wanted to share some of it here!
A Cool Singer I'm Really Into Lately - Chill Vibes
Alex Serra - Outer Space
Listen on Spotify
Listen on Youtube
Journal Prompts For Self-Love
1. What are you afraid to ask for?
2. How can you show yourself love today?
3. What can you forgive yourself for today?
Ways to Work With Me This Month
1. Love the Skin You’re In: Women’s Empowerment Series
Join me from February 24th to the 28th for a FREE online summit. Come enjoy 5 days of learning, celebrating and taking action to love who you are, exactly as you are! With 15+ speakers to enjoy, you’ll end the series feeling more confident, strong and fulfilled in your own skin.
Let’s celebrate ourselves and come together for a transformative experience that we all deserve!
SIGN UP FOR FREE
2. Craving Food Freedom Online Course
Are you ready to have no more food: drama, guilt, rules, shame, fear, or sabotage?? To finally be free to eat intuitively, to work with your body, not against it, and feel f*cking fantastic...
...AND learn step-by-step exactly how to do it all in a 6-week self-paced course from the comfort of your own home?
CHECK OUT THE COURSE
AND THAT’S ALL FOR THIS WEEK!
What do you think? Hit reply to this email and tell me your thoughts.
Thank you so much for your ongoing support.
All my love.
VICTORIA EVANS OFFICIAL
PODCAST: Weighing In On Happy
FACEBOOK GROUP: Intuitive Eating Support Group For Badass Women